Friday 22 March 2013

Week 23 Electronics and Touchups

Week Twenty Three 11 - 15 Mar

Day 110-114.  Yay the bit I have been waiting for - that fancy deep bath I bought months ago has finally been installed.  I remember as a kid sitting in my grandfathers deep bath with my cousins and thinking it was wonderful that the water came all the way up to my chin.  Short of building a roman bath I knew I would not get that as an adult but all the houses I have lived in since I was a kid have had baths where your feet poked out the end and if you filled the bath up enough to cover you, you could not move too much or it would overflow.  This bath is deep enough to easily cover an adult in water and long enough that my husband can lie back in it without having to put his tap up on either side of the tap.  The sloped back is also much more comfortable than the more upright ends on most baths - can't wait to try it! 



                                            
Lots  of little finishing jobs this week.  The security system, vacuum system, exterior lights and intercom have all been installed.  I haven't tested them yet but should hopefully get to do that during the final walk through.

One of the lights I supplied for over the kitchen bench was damaged by a contractor but my builder replaced it without blinking an eye and at no charge to me.  I am really impressed as I have been on a home forum and it is amazing what some people go through with their builders trying to deny responsibility on a whole heap of issues.  In some cases it seems to be the consumer just did not get it right before they went to contractor but in other cases people have been told "stories" that just seem so blatantly wrong.

My site manager has been doing his own checks too and there are little pieces of purple sticky tape everywhere identifying things he wants fixed.  He has certainly been very thorough.

At the beginning of the week the tiles on the deck were laid and the railing delivered.  By the end of the week the railing was up too.







No comments:

Post a Comment