Sunday 14 October 2012

Week 3 - More Pipes, Waterproofing & Power

Week Three 1 - 5 Oct

The plan for this week was the remaining of the pipes and the waterproofing.


Day 8 - 12  During the first three days of this week the last of the pipes were installed so now we have our very own pipe farm.  Although I know many of the pipes are for the down pipes it can still be a little confusing working out where they are in relation to the house walls.
Day 13 - 14  The wet / dry barrier has been put in behind the retaining wall and the wall has been filled back  in.  They have also dug two very deep holes in the upper slab which I think may be to help secure the slab firmly to the ground.  We also now have an electrical box.


The estate is still plodding along, it looks like our neighbours on lot 25 are starting earlier than I was originally told by their builder.  I have not had any luck getting rid of the dirt yet, most of the companies I rang can only take smallish loads.  Fortunately I ended up contacting the guy who is doing  the dig next door and he said he can take it no problems and we negotiated a good price. 

Tip - Make sure you include an allowance for either additional fill or the removal of excess fill.

1 comment:

  1. I believe thats the biggest waterproofing pipe system I have ever witnessed, lovely!

    -Adam Ahmed
    Waterproofing Contractor Bronx

    ReplyDelete