Friday 28 September 2012

Week 2 - Bricks, Pipes and Dirt

Week Two 24 - 28 Sep

The plan for this week was blocks and pipes and its certainly all happening.


Day 3 - On Monday the guys came out to put up the safety fences - much to the disgust of my charming kids who thought it would be very funny if someone walked off the top of the hill straight down into the big hole.  I think they regretted the comment as they got a lesson all about OH&S!!

The rest of the estate is moving along too.    The house two down from us (image below) should have its roof soon and there are four more houses at the bottom of the hill that are well underway, two already have roofs and the other two have had their slabs laid. 


One of the two vacant blocks across from us has started too and are at about the same stage we are. The white one you can see in the image below is an owner builder and will probably be finished first.  I pity them really having to negotiate with all the trucks when the last seven blocks in the street start.  With any luck those blocks should be past the "big truck" stage by the time we move in.


Day 4 - Our neighbours on the downside of the block are away at the moment and their mum was worried about the dirt slowing down their building plans.  Fortunately I had already spoken to their builder and he was not in the slightest bit worried about the dirt and actually said that he would possibly take some off our hands as he was likely to need fill, So that will work out well.  If I do have some left over I have found a couple of sites to try to get rid of it hopefully at nil cost:

Land Fill Register

Fill Wanted

I want to do the right thing by my neighbours first so they will get first dibs but after that I will list it on these sites and offer it to locals who have indicated they want it.

Day 5 - On Wednesday the block guys turned up - unfortunately the blocks didn't.  A bit of prepping and pipework was done but that was it. 

Day 6 and 7 - Got out to the block at 6am, the block guys were there again but still no blocks.  My poor site manager was frantically on the phone to the block company and they told him the guy was on the road but stuck in traffic.  We suspected it was a lie - and it was - the road he was supposedly stuck on was the one I take to work and it had hardly any traffic on it in either direction, but the blocks did arrive about 20 mins after I left and when I went back that night we had a couple of lovely block walls!


No comments:

Post a Comment