Saturday 7 July 2012

Kids Bathroom Colours

This one is basically how I indicated I would go previously.  I actually found the exact tiles I saw on the internet so got those as the kids feature.  For the benchtop I chose a laminate called Cherished Wood.  It is a wood grain (obviously) but is shot through with a very subtle blue tinge, but its enough to pick up the blue in the floor tiles.  The cupboard doors will be polar white.  I did try some creams and a very pale blue but it was too many different colours in the room and I thought it better to keep with the hint of blue rather than making it a real feature colour.  These colours have scanned in pretty close to the actual colours although the brown in the feature tiles is not quite that dark.

The sink is semi recessed and square.  The shower screen is a semi framed glass one 1200 x 1000 - nice and big for my large sons!!




I have decided to extend the bench across the width of the wall and run the bath spout out of it.  I looked at the floor unit taps but most of them look like they would not stand up to the sort of punishment my kids might give them and end up being wonky and wobbly - not a good look in a nice bathroom.  The light above the mirror is a tiltable one so the kids can adjust it to their need.  There will be not central light in the bathroom but there will be an exhaust fan.  The powder-room which is also the kids toilet will have the same tiles as the kids bathroom and will have a central light that is also an exhaust fan.


The images below show the layout within the room with the colours and the diagrams from the cabinet maker.









No comments:

Post a Comment